Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Earth stood hard as iron...

Woke up this morning to a hard frost, one of the few we've had this winter. Since I can't get a fork into the ground, even I have to stop gardening - so I went out with my camera instead. Is there anything more beautiful than sun on frost in a winter garden?


This Trachycarpus fortunei is a baby - in a pot on my sheltered patio at the moment and surviving the winter remarkably well.


Ceanothus - here a "Puget's Blue" trained against my fence - holds frost particularly well and looks great in winter cold.


This is Helianthemum "Henfield Brilliant" - a very useful evergreen ground cover (also known as Rock Rose) with fabulous pure orange flowers. As you can see, it also looks good in winter!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails