Saturday, May 28, 2011

Postcard from Chelsea: Friday

Astrantia 'Roma', Astrantia 'Buckland', Digitalis x mertonensis, Pimpinella major 'Rosea', Iris 'Dutch Chocolate', Anthriscus sylvestris 'Ravenswing' and (you'll have to take my word for it as it's just outside the picture) Nectaroscordum siculum, besieged by bumblebees.

The surprisingly gentle, calm and utterly sublime planting combination used by Luciano Giubbilei on his Laurent-Perrier garden to evoke rosé champagne. I spent all day yesterday looking at it as I was handing out leaflets and explaining what was what to the public; and I never once tired of it.

I seem to remember going on about Luciano's planting last time he was at Chelsea; this is a man who knows his way to a girl gardener's heart.

2 comments:

Diana Studer said...

My bronze fennel could work harder. It is a stunning foil for those cool mauve flowers.

The Constant Gardener said...

isn't it - sometimes you didn't even notice there was a plant in there, you were just aware of a haze around the other plants. Lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails