Thursday, October 15, 2009

October flowers

The smell of autumn is in the air. We've had just the gentlest kiss of frost, not enough to hurt the dahlias but enough to remind us what's around the corner. But the flowers are still holding their heads up high.


I love this time of year: everything seems to put in a final effort for that last fanfare of colour before it all turns grey. May your autumn continue well into November.

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day is hosted by Carol at May Dreams Gardens.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Lovely flowers; wish I had taken more closeups. I'm here in Boston and the season's winding down; how long do you think your lovely blooms will last?

Gail said...

I loved your slide show...On full screen they were even better! Fall does seem to put on a big final show!
gail

The Constant Gardener said...

Thank you Sally and Gail: I think I have another couple of weeks, and then November seems to be the death knell for anything at all reminiscent of summer here. I'm sure Boston is a great deal colder - but I bet we both have great autumns :D

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I think you are right - all plants try to give us their best bloom. Do they thank us for what we've done for them? Slide show is very good, thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails