Monday, December 27, 2010

We have a winner!

The answer, as many of you realised some time ago, is of course 'The Curious Gardener' by Anna Pavord - one of the most thoughtful books to come out this year and one of those lovely gardening books you can pick up just before you go to sleep at night for a little nugget of gardening lore or a beautiful picture with which to drift off with a smile on your face.

The lucky winner is Su Harris - so congratulations Su and I hope you enjoy your in-between-Christmas-and-the-New-Year present!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

This is at my bedside right now and is one of the best new books I have come across for ages. I hope Su enjoys it as much I am doing.

The Constant Gardener said...

It is lovely isn't it... Apparently taken from columns for the Independent plus some original writing. I'm angling for my own copy (gave away my last one ;D) for a birthday present!

Arabella Sock said...

Well I did get some of the letters!
Also, in my defence, I managed to get all but 2 clues from the Radio Times cryptic so I'm convinced my brain isn't entirely befuddled.

The Constant Gardener said...

Wow, all but two clues... never mind not entirely befuddled, that's pretty impressive. I don't think I've ever managed more than about two clues all in!

Su said...

It arrived yesterday and I started reading it last night - it is so lovely, perfect for grey winter evenings. Many thanks. Su

VP said...

This was my 'Christmas present to me' and is fab. Congratulations Su!

Related Posts with Thumbnails