Monday, May 21, 2012

Postcard from Chelsea: Press Day


Oh I know: Press Day at Chelsea is all about celebrity spotting (Michael Caine, Jerry Hall, Sir Cliff Richard, gardening telly presenters passim, and I was working with the marvellously talented and charming Johnny Ball all morning, since you ask).

But for me the real stars of today were these wonderful Chelsea pensioners, who are deceptively sprightly and climbed on to that grown-up's playground glorified climbing frame spectacular 80ft tall vertical show garden by Diarmuid Gavin to have their photos taken this afternoon.

The garden towers above the BBC compound, where I'm working this week, and the delicious sight of rows of red-clad pensioners waving and smiling had us all out of our Portakabins en masse amid a mad scramble to find cameramen (and for those of us who like the still kind of picture, cameras) to capture the moment. Now that's what I call star quality.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails